HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » This is laundry day for m...

Mon Jun 13, 2022, 09:05 PM

This is laundry day for me... Yuk!

To make it even worse, we lost our central A/C a couple of weeks ago and last week Summer finally decided to visit and STAY. We're under a Heat Advisory until Wednesday night, so I've been taking it easy and not doing much... as has most everyone in the household. We're trying to get a handle on what paperwork is needed to get help on affording a new system, or come up with the money. I've already lost 10 pounds and my doc is going to rip me good when she sees me again in a month. Oh, well... that's the way it goes. Meanwhile, even Luna, the new kitten is taking it easy. She's definitely decided the dog's sofa under the ceiling fan is the "cat's meow" and has made it his own special place lay these days. At night, he lays in bed with me, between me, the window and the fan. Did I tell you he's a pretty smart baby? (Proud mama here!) He's also getting Lexy wrapped around his little paw! After swapping loads, this is what I came into in the Family Room. Luckily, I had my camera close for once!

As you can see, Lexy really is a gentle giant, and Luna has her a big dog sister!

And I can't believe it.... the darned preview actually worked this time! Saints be praised, Hallelujah!!!!!!!!

3 replies, 609 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply This is laundry day for me... Yuk! (Original post)
slightlv Jun 13 OP
Karadeniz Jun 13 #1
Rebl2 Jun 13 #2
slightlv Jun 13 #3

Response to slightlv (Original post)

Mon Jun 13, 2022, 09:07 PM

1. Adorable!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to slightlv (Original post)

Mon Jun 13, 2022, 10:25 PM

2. Sorry about

your air. Im in KC and humidity is sky high.
Thanks for sharing the pictures of Luna and Lexy! Hes so cute and wonderful they get along.

Reply to this post

Response to Rebl2 (Reply #2)

Mon Jun 13, 2022, 10:45 PM

3. Yippers...

I'm in Leavenworth, so you know what I'm talking about! (LOL) We've got one window unit and no bed in there. I do have my workout bench in there, tho, and am seriously thinking about making it my bed tonight. Won't be great on the back, but it will be cooler for sleep.

I'm amazed these two get along like this. I was really concerned at first. I once had a manx kitten and a full grown German Shepherd dog and the manx had the dog trained within an hour! I should have realized then it'd be that way (LOL). But Luna is a real little spitfire. She's rarely still; rarely quiet. And her little squeals bother Lexy. I don't know if they hurt her ears, or if they make her think he's hurt somehow. But she comes running to where ever Luna is to see what the crying is about. Much more attentive than the other cats in the clowder are. I do hope that changes. Lexy doesn't know how to "dog"... I'd hate for Luna to grow up not knowing how to "cat" !

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread