HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » Barack Obama Was Heartene...

Tue May 18, 2021, 06:10 PM

Barack Obama Was Heartened By How Trolls Responded To The Death of His Dog Bo

“There’s a well-known saying in Washington, ‘If you want a friend, get a dog,’” the former president said. “Well, I got one because I needed a friend during the presidency who would be nice to me no matter what. “

Obama later noted that trolls often take over the comments of his social media posts. He said his and former first lady Michelle Obama’s tributes to Bo, who moved into the White House in April 2009, “are the only posts where everybody posted something nice.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/barack-obama-bo-white-house_n_60a3ae47e4b0909248087e19

1 replies, 2528 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Barack Obama Was Heartened By How Trolls Responded To The Death of His Dog Bo (Original post)
Diamond_Dog May 2021 OP
George McGovern May 2021 #1

Response to Diamond_Dog (Original post)

Wed May 19, 2021, 12:33 AM

1. Thank You Diamond for sharing this article.

I especially liked this quote:

“It actually told you something about how important people’s pets are in their family’s lives,” he added. “As I was reading these comments, it did make me sometimes think, ‘Gosh, if we could be as kind and thoughtful toward each other as we are about our pets, we’d be doing a little bit better.’”

Indeed.

George

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread