HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » Dolly didn't win at Westm...

Tue Feb 11, 2020, 09:15 AM

Dolly didn't win at Westminster, but her owner doesn't care. She helped him beat cancer

NEW YORK — Nestled in the benching area of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show — barely noticeable in a sea of handlers, hounds and spectators — one family was having a moment.

Dolly, an indomitable, 2-year-old, Pembroke Welsh corgi, had failed to earn a ribbon in a competition meant to highlight the very best of her breed. With her first time showing on the country’s grandest stage all but over, Dolly returned to her crate on the bench. For a few moments, she sat alone in the dark, seemingly destined to be a Westminster footnote.

Then Sean Sullivan reopened the gate.

The dog’s owner beamed as his prized corgi reemerged, the one he credits with helping overcome his illness. Sullivan was unfazed by Dolly’s results.

“There’s so much more to her than walking around a ring, oh my God,” he exclaimed.

Sullivan, of New Jersey, said that even though his cancer diagnosis came out of the blue two years ago, Dolly had long sensed something was wrong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2020/02/10/westminster-dogs-therapy-jobs/

3 replies, 412 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dolly didn't win at Westminster, but her owner doesn't care. She helped him beat cancer (Original post)
douglas9 Feb 11 OP
irisblue Feb 11 #1
Ohiogal Feb 11 #2
hermetic Feb 11 #3

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Tue Feb 11, 2020, 09:16 AM

1. I love watching Westminster. 🐶🐶

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to irisblue (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 11, 2020, 09:30 AM

2. Me, too!

Reply to this post

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Tue Feb 11, 2020, 11:37 AM

3. Great looking dog

What a pretty face! Also a really great story. Dolly truly is a champion.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread