HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » Lemon Swiss Buttercream R...

Thu Jun 25, 2020, 10:40 AM

Lemon Swiss Buttercream Recipe

Last week we did the lemon genoise, and this week we're showing you the lemon Swiss buttercream that we're using for the icing! We're not as cool as Claire Saffitz as Bon Appetit, but this is our own little baking academy! Next week we'll be assembling the cake with raspberry jam and raspberry mousse in between the layers.

This recipe has a lot of tolerance for mistreatment. We did a couple of things wrong, or at least not exactly as described in the recipe, and it still came out fantastic. Before it comes together it will look very loose in the mixer, but just keep whipping and it will come together. We put it in the fridge when it was done, and when we took it out, we let it get back to room temperature, gave it a quick whip again, and it was perfect for icing the cake.

2 replies, 267 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lemon Swiss Buttercream Recipe (Original post)
Saviolo Jun 25 OP
Bayard Jun 25 #1
Saviolo Jun 25 #2

Response to Saviolo (Original post)

Thu Jun 25, 2020, 12:02 PM

1. I started drooling just reading the subject of your post!

Looks totally luscious.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Bayard (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 25, 2020, 01:27 PM

2. It turned out very well.

I'm a huge fan of lemon and raspberry, so the cake was lemon and the buttercream icing was lemon. The filling was raspberry jam and raspberry mousse.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread