HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » What's for Dinner, Tues.,...

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 03:47 PM

What's for Dinner, Tues., Aug. 13, 2019

Pasta with cream sauce. The sauce has Italian sausage, but not in the casing; like ground pork. He is using a short pasta.

Stuffed miniature peppers. They have some sort of spicy meat filling, and a basil leaf. The peppers themselves are charred.

Dessert: not sure on that. Might be honeydew melon. We haven't had one yet this season.

8 replies, 230 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply What's for Dinner, Tues., Aug. 13, 2019 (Original post)
NJCher Tuesday OP
Siwsan Tuesday #1
MissMillie Tuesday #2
Demsrule86 Tuesday #3
Demsrule86 Tuesday #4
MissMillie Tuesday #5
Demsrule86 Wednesday #7
Cairycat Tuesday #6
Demsrule86 Wednesday #8

Response to NJCher (Original post)

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 03:56 PM

1. Sauteed, fresh summer squash, tomato, peppers and garlic served on pearl rice

Not quite a true vegetarian meal because I add some chicken bouillon in the rice water. And definitely not vegan because there's some butter in the saute pan and a bit of fresh parmesan sprinkled on the finished product. I usually make this with angel hair pasta but for some reason, pearl rice just sounded like a great change of pace.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 04:28 PM

2. stuffed zucchini

Last edited Tue Aug 13, 2019, 05:43 PM - Edit history (1)

the stuffing is rice, ham, sausage, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, celery, garlic and basil. I'll finish it off w/ some melted mozzarella at the end.

Serving that wi/ linguine w/ butter, grated parmesan and pepper.

There's a cantaloupe in the fridge.... looks like dessert to me.

Reply to this post

Response to MissMillie (Reply #2)

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 04:42 PM

3. Sounds good!

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 04:44 PM

4. That sounds really tasty...I have been buying the chicken Italian sausages at WF...really good.

Tonight we are having turkey tacos with all the toppings...and fruit...probably a cookie for dessert.

Reply to this post

Response to Demsrule86 (Reply #4)

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 04:45 PM

5. someone said "cookie."

Reply to this post

Response to MissMillie (Reply #5)

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 07:35 AM

7. I love cookies...I am on weight watchers ...need to get my weight down and avoid knee surgery.

I have had bad knees for year...s a result of field hockey (girls all play field hockey in CT) and ice hockey (pick up games). There is a new trial where they use stem cells injected into the knees I think to regrow cartilage. I am a candidate for this but I have to lose 20 more lbs. I eat a small dessert most days...and I still lose weight.

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 08:21 PM

6. Dangerously cheesy

main dish was Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice - my sons made it, it seemed pretty easy. It was a tasty solution to the eternal, "What can we have with chicken" dilemma. Recipe here: https://iowagirleats.com/2017/01/09/5-ingredient-cheesy-salsa-verde-chicken-rice/ - the blogger has celiac disease, so her recipes are gluten free.

Side dish was fresh green beans with blue cheese butter (being Iowans, it was Maytag Bleu cheese of course) and red wine vinegar.

Reply to this post

Response to Cairycat (Reply #6)

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 07:36 AM

8. Thanks for that. I have celiac disease also...and had not looked at her recipes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread