HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » Braised Beef Short Ribs r...

Thu Dec 6, 2018, 12:29 PM

Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe

We wanted to do more braising, so we got some short ribs! This recipe bears some similarities to the beef bourguignon recipe we did recently, but is a bit simpler. It's no less delicious, however. Short ribs have a lot of flavour, and beef has a natural affinity for red wine and tomato, so those ingredients should not be skimped on!

There are certainly some changes you could make to this to suit your own tastes. You can switch up the herbs you add to the braising liquid, and also the greens and herbs you add to the sauce at the end. You can switch up the type of wine (but like with the bourguignon, we recommend a bold red with a good tannic structure), and you could add garlic if you want it as well. Either minced at around the same time as you add the shallot, or whole cloves right at the beginning to cook and get soft along with the beef.

4 replies, 200 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe (Original post)
Saviolo Thursday OP
irisblue Thursday #1
Saviolo Thursday #2
Sherman A1 Thursday #3
natheo Friday #4

Response to Saviolo (Original post)

Thu Dec 6, 2018, 12:33 PM

1. I want to thank you Saviolo for posting these.

They always look amazing. 🍽

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to irisblue (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 6, 2018, 01:08 PM

2. Thanks for watching!

We have fun making them, and we appreciate everyone who watches and shares our videos

We're always curious about how they turn out for people, too. It's probably the toughest thing about making food videos. We both know our way around a kitchen. Hubby is a trained chef and owned his own restaurant for a couple of years, and I've worked as a short-order cook, and have always been handy in the kitchen myself. But I'm really curious if the instruction we give is straightforward enough for people to follow and for it to work well.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2018, 01:15 PM

3. Looks Yummy

Thanks for posting.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 7, 2018, 03:35 AM

4. Thanks for the recipe

Looks tasty. I might try your recipe.