HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » Make the Best Pizza.

Fri Feb 9, 2018, 10:07 PM

Make the Best Pizza.

'Good morning. There are more than 2,500 five-star ratings on our best recipe for pizza dough (above), but Iím here this morning with a couple of notes about it all the same. (Some night soon you can use the result to make a plain pizza pie, or a pizza that is green and white.)

The first is, if you can, use a stand mixer to knead the dough, instead of working by hand. The work goes faster and leads to a more beautiful, textured dough. The second is, make a double batch. This is dough that stores well in the refrigerator, picking up good flavor along the way, particularly if you invest in some stackable pizza proofing pans to store it.

Yes, youíll be that guy. But youíll also be able to make four incredible pizzas on a Wednesday night in your own home with a lot less hassle than the other guy. Just brush up on your skills with our special guide: How to Make Pizza.

So thatís like 20 minutes of work this evening against a whole night of pleasure later in the week. Make the dough and square everything away, and then you can make this dead-simple recipe for stir-fried pork and pineapple for dinner. (Feel free to sub in shiitakes or another mushroom for the black fungus, though, of course, itís great to say, ďblack fungus.Ē) . .

Reach out for assistance if you run into any problems along the way, either with the cooking or the technology: cookingcare@nytimes.com. And look for us on social media. Weíre at @nytfood. Iím @samsifton.'>>>

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/dining/make-the-best-pizza-newsletter.html?

1 replies, 385 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Make the Best Pizza. (Original post)
elleng Feb 2018 OP
Snarkoleptic Feb 2018 #1

Response to elleng (Original post)

Sun Feb 11, 2018, 09:38 AM

1. I've made this dough 20+ times and it's always a hit.

I do modify it with oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder and turmeric. Plus I spike the yeast up a bit.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pizza-dough-354220

2 (1/4-ounces) packages active dry yeast
4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, divided, plus additional for dusting
2 cups warm water (105-115&Deg;F), divided
2 teaspoons salt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread