HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » What's for Dinner, Tues.,...

Tue Jan 3, 2017, 05:41 PM

What's for Dinner, Tues., Jan. 3, 2017

We didn’t get to have the pork chops last night, so we’re having them tonight. I saw him also cooking potatoes. Not sure what else.

Last night I made a pizza, instead, because the RG was tied up in Mass. and couldn’t get home. My girlfriend came over and we had a good time with the pizza and chatting. I put red pepper, onions, chicken sausage and mozzarella on it and baked it in a cast iron pan. The cast iron pan gave it a beautiful crust. Stayed up too late, though!

Cher

3 replies, 1705 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply What's for Dinner, Tues., Jan. 3, 2017 (Original post)
NJCher Jan 2017 OP
Galileo126 Jan 2017 #1
NJCher Jan 2017 #2
bif Jan 2017 #3

Response to NJCher (Original post)

Tue Jan 3, 2017, 06:32 PM

1. Lemon garlic chicken

I'll put extra lemon juice in the pan, so as to make a nice jus. Great for dipping. With roasted Brussels sprouts and probably sour cream mashed potatoes with chives.

After two weeks at my dad's, it's nice to have chicken again. My father never liked chicken, even though my mom used to make it. He would just "give the face" and eat it. Now, with mom passed on, his rule is "no chicken in this house - ever." His house, his rules I guess!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Galileo126 (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 3, 2017, 08:45 PM

2. Lemon garlic chicken

I made lemon-garlic chicken the other day from this recipe. Had the last piece at lunch today in a chicken salad. Couldn't believe how infused the chicken was with the lemon and herbs!

Lemon garlic chicken from NY Times' 50 Best Recipes of '16

Cher

Reply to this post

Response to NJCher (Original post)

Tue Jan 3, 2017, 10:23 PM

3. Leftover tomato ragu made with Italian sausage.

It was pretty too the second time around.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread