HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » They bought a blender. Th...

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:03 PM

They bought a blender. Three weeks later, their cats continue to hold it hostage.

I can gift a number of articles from the Washington Post, so I think this link is good for anyone who wants to click on it. Don't know for sure, but give it a try because I have 8 more gifts I can do this month. If it works for everyone, I'll do more gifts.

This story is apparently a very big internet thing, as you will see when you read the article. The pics are fun and show the diligence of the cat guards. I can totally imagine the predicament, as can my fellow C & B'ers. A VitaMix!!!

My favorite quote from the article is: "People frequently ask why the couple doesn’t just take the cats off the box. These are clearly dog owners. This is not how cats work."

snip

On Black Friday, Jessica and Nikii Gerson-Neeves bought a blender. It was a Vitamix blender, a professional-grade splurge, and the couple was looking forward to a winter of smoothies and soups.

It arrived on Dec. 16 at their home on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Jessica put the hefty box down on the floor in the kitchen, just for a second. Her 4-year-old tuxedo cat, Max, otherwise known as the “sentient soccer ball,” jumped up on the box. Jessica thought it was funny and snapped a photo.

Then Max’s 13-year-old feline siblings, George: Destroyer of Worlds (“sentient potato”) and Lando Calrissian (“the questionably sentient dust bunny,”), demanded their turn on the knee-high box.

That was more than three weeks ago. Since then, the cats have refused to leave the box, fighting over who gets to perch upon it and taking turns standing guard while the others eat or are busy elsewhere. The blender remains ensconced inside.

snip

https://wapo.st/3fkUe9d

6 replies, 460 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply They bought a blender. Three weeks later, their cats continue to hold it hostage. (Original post)
NJCher Jan 2022 OP
snowybirdie Jan 2022 #1
NJCher Jan 2022 #2
snowybirdie Jan 2022 #3
OhZone Jan 2022 #4
Srkdqltr Jan 2022 #5
dem in texas Jan 2022 #6

Response to NJCher (Original post)

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:16 PM

1. This was cute the first time

I saw it a week or so ago. The tenth time, it's redundant, and silly.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to snowybirdie (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:20 PM

2. so sorry

I didn't see it before.

I'd delete the post but I think I'll leave it up to test the "gifting" aspect. I'd like to know if fellow DU-ers can click and get the story. As I stated in the post, if the article isn't limited to a certain number of clicks, I will gift other Washington Post articles.

Reply to this post

Response to NJCher (Reply #2)

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:26 PM

3. Didn't mean to

be mean spirited. But this has been on every cable news show and many social media sites. I'm beginning to believe its a cheap and sneaky way for the blender company to advertise. I like cats too!

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:31 PM

4. ...

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 02:48 PM

5. This, while cuteish, is incredibly stupid. No one who has cats would put up with this

for more than an hour or so. Its manufactured for TicToc.

Reply to this post

Response to Srkdqltr (Reply #5)

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 04:25 PM

6. I might

If Big Tom and Yawler wanted to sit on the box, I would let them stay there as long as they wanted. They already know to push everything (including my little TV) off the windowsill so they can sit there and me -hoping for an early dinner.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread