HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Mental Health Support (Group) » Olddots you ok?

Mon May 20, 2013, 12:51 AM

Olddots you ok?

Sorry it took a while to reply but your last post I read in the lounge said meet you here you you said you were worried about your daughter. Everything going OK? I see you said you've been depressed lately, sorry to hear that, me too very much so.

3 replies, 1159 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Olddots you ok? (Original post)
Locut0s May 2013 OP
olddots May 2013 #1
Locut0s May 2013 #2
olddots May 2013 #3

Response to Locut0s (Original post)

Mon May 20, 2013, 03:01 AM

1. I'm okay

I'm worried about you .Don't romanticize living on the street or doing a Jack Kerroac ON The Road (spelling ? ) thing it was probably fun in the late 50s and he was full of shit anyhow.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to olddots (Reply #1)

Mon May 20, 2013, 04:15 AM

2. Thanks. I suppose there is some aspect of romanticizing to it...

And again I tell myself that the reality would be hell. Summer might not be too bad but fall and winter around here would be a soggy cold mess. And of course it's dangerous out there, especially for the new guys. I've been dealing with a lot of physical and emotional exhaustion these last few months. I sleep 12 to 14+ hours a day and still only have energy to do a few small tasks. I'm seeing a DR about this but so far nothing definitive aside from bad liver enzyme numbers which are probably to do with binge drinking which I stopped for now. This exhaustion has made it even more difficult than normal to rationally think about things. For example I think to myself well if I'm going to end up on the street like this then I'll just start drinking again and between the exhaustion sleep and drinking I won't really care since I'll be asleep most of the time. But I know that wouldn't actually feel good.

Reply to this post

Response to Locut0s (Original post)

Mon May 20, 2013, 07:37 PM

3. Sometimes I think that what we get is what we got

I can't write about our daughter on line because I think its inappropriate even though I'm never much for being appropriate .

the mental illness becomes or creates a physical illness like eating disorders or drug use and abuse which are then sometimes called addictions . Our daughter is in bad shape which in turn makes me worry so much that I can't eat when it is very important to start eating after throat cancer....(bummer huh ? ) . I thought that if I died she would get shocked out of her stuff ( really stupid idea) while I was going thru cancer all my stuff came up when I was trying to figure out a reason to live thru the pain -----yada yada yada boring but then I realized death isn't such a mystery and we all love a good mystery don't we ?

I want my daughter to get better to make it thru this this life and I want to get better but can't think of a reason why because I can't remember ever being that magic happy they talk about for more than a few moments here or there and at the same time think that happyness
might be a scam to sell everything from designer teeth to inflatable bar stools .

I hate that phrase day by day but that may be all we get and its all we got . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread