HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Exercise and Fitness (Group) » This message was self-del...

Sun May 5, 2019, 03:46 PM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (busterbrown) on Sun May 5, 2019, 08:19 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

5 replies, 1397 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply This message was self-deleted by its author (Original post)
busterbrown May 2019 OP
fleabiscuit May 2019 #1
pangaia May 2019 #2
Siwsan May 2019 #3
DavidDvorkin May 2019 #4
in2herbs May 2019 #5

Response to busterbrown (Original post)

Sun May 5, 2019, 04:03 PM

1. Happy belated Birthday.

Could be the alcohol, it will raise BP. Do you have a blood test before the Dr. visit?

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun May 5, 2019, 04:04 PM

2. Less booze more yoga.

Sun May 5, 2019, 04:13 PM

3. Raw garlic

I grow my own, and keep the smaller bulbs for 'medicinal' purposes. I peel, smash and swallow down 2 or 3 small cloves, every morning. Raw garlic has many health benefits, and one is said to be helping to stabilize blood pressure.

My grandfather ate a BIG clove, every morning. When he was in his 80's his physician asked my mother about this habit, and went on to say it probably went a long way to explaining why he had the blood pressure of a substantially younger, and very fit individual.

And, I also suffer from pretty significant anxiety. I'm going to give CBD oil a try until they get the stores up and running, in Michigan, and I can get my hands on some cannabis edibles.

Sun May 5, 2019, 04:17 PM

4. Quit the booze.

Sun May 5, 2019, 04:19 PM

5. Try meditation. If you can't still to meditate get out into nature and take a long walk several

times a week. Or volunteer at a local dog and cat rescue. There is plenty of evidence that having a dog reduces blood pressure. Whatever you choose --- leave the social media devices at home! If you can't/won't give up the booze you might try drinking a shot of water for every shot of booze.