HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Chronic Health Conditions Discussion and Support (Group) » This message was self-del...

Wed Mar 11, 2015, 02:41 PM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (kestrel91316) on Tue Jul 11, 2017, 10:48 AM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

4 replies, 1520 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply This message was self-deleted by its author (Original post)
kestrel91316 Mar 2015 OP
dixiegrrrrl Mar 2015 #1
kestrel91316 Mar 2015 #2
TenHouseCats Jul 2017 #3
Nac Mac Feegle Jul 2017 #4

Response to kestrel91316 (Original post)

Wed Mar 11, 2015, 03:15 PM

1. I get ocular migraines every so often

but have never heard of ocular hypertension.
What do the eyedrops do, specifically?

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dixiegrrrrl (Reply #1)

Response to kestrel91316 (Reply #2)

Sat Jul 1, 2017, 02:54 PM

3. Be careful using vet meds--embarrassing tale

I had the ocular migraines/hypertension stuff for years. (Along with, "hidden optic nerve druzen," and, "pseudotumor cerebri." Aren't the words pretty? I digress. Often.) Right on the edge of glaucoma per ophthalmologist, so we watched it carefully. Pressure kept rising, went onto the drops. Did them for quite awhile, then the pressure went down enough to no longer need the drops. Diabetic now, so more frequent check-ups.

****Have always wondered why/how often the ocular pressure (correct term?) goes back down.****

Then there was that morning I got up, did my drops, did one of the persians' eye drops--and realized that I'd used hers, and she'd gotten mine. The bottles look exactly alike, of course. Immediately called my vet (well, the cats' vet) to make sure I hadn't endangered the fluffball. Neither feline nor human were harmed...

Response to kestrel91316 (Original post)

Mon Jul 10, 2017, 11:14 PM

4. You may actually have won the 'lottery'

Depending on what state you live in, medical marijuana might be just the ticket.

<Tongue in cheek smiley>