HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Addiction & Recovery (Group) » T.G.I.M.

Mon Oct 21, 2019, 01:45 PM

T.G.I.M.

Thank God It's Monday! Still having problems dealing with weekends. Not as bad as when I first quit drinking. But some weekends aren't so hot. This last Friday I went to bed at 10:00 so I didn't have to think about not drinking. Saturday we went out and it wasn't too bad. Yesterday wasn't great so I went to bed around 9 and watched movies. That helped. I actually look forward to weekdays. I get a lot more done and I don't dread sober evenings. Thanks for listening to my rant.

3 replies, 317 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply T.G.I.M. (Original post)
bif Oct 21 OP
dlk Oct 21 #1
Rhiannon12866 Oct 21 #2
Stuart G Oct 21 #3

Response to bif (Original post)

Mon Oct 21, 2019, 01:51 PM

1. Recovery is truly one day at a time and takes courage

Kudos for doing what it takes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bif (Original post)

Mon Oct 21, 2019, 03:10 PM

2. In the beginning, "Move a muscle, change a thought" was what helped me

In the beginning, it's often "one minute at a time," rather than one day. That when meetings helped me the most, talking to and getting support from others who have been through it. I still carry some of those helpful suggestions around with me. One woman said that she's a member of the "no matter what club." I still think of that though it's been over 10 years for me. Hang in there - it does get easier, I promise.

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #2)

Mon Oct 21, 2019, 09:28 PM

3. I agree completely..It gets easier, but some days are still rough.

..That is what life is. But the good days are much better, and we think much clearer, and care about others in a stronger more caring way. Being sober saved my life, and I am grateful for that. I went to a meeting this morning and heard something that I had never heard before. And I have been going to meetings for over 30 years. I thought I had heard it all, but we never really know. All I really know, is that there is more to learn, if I allow myself to listen and learn. Listening carefully and totally might be the hardest part of going to a meeting. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it isn't. You never know what wisdom you might hear from someone that you had never heard wisdom before.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread