HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Addiction & Recovery (Group) » Weekends continue to be a...

Fri Sep 27, 2019, 05:54 PM

Weekends continue to be a struggle.

I keep thinking how nice it was to have a couple beers while cooking dinner. Then a glass or two of wine. Then I think about how much time I wasted every evening and I come back to reality. I'm pretty good during the week. But weekends are tough sometimes. I think about how Canadians like to joke about folks from Toronto who love to work so much, they have a phrase: "Thank God it's Monday." That's how I feel a lot of the time! I actually look forward to Mondays!

9 replies, 514 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to bif (Original post)

Fri Sep 27, 2019, 06:00 PM

1. Find a website that is addictive in some way. Load up on books. Take a long bubble bath.

offer to walk other people's dogs. Listen to music. Sign up for Netflix and Hulu and Amazon and bingewatch shows. Plant a garden. Learn how to knit. Do genealogy online. Good luck. I've been quit 7 years and i don't crave at all. I hardly think of booze anymore.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to applegrove (Reply #1)

Fri Sep 27, 2019, 07:07 PM

3. I'm finding online solitaire sort-of addictive lately. nt

Reply to this post

Response to No Vested Interest (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 27, 2019, 07:23 PM

4. I used to play that game with 10 others as a kid. It is more aerobic

Last edited Fri Sep 27, 2019, 10:55 PM - Edit history (2)

if you play with others and put your cards on other's piles. Online solitare is just not exciting enough after that. I did play hearts for a bit. I'm assuming you play alone? Or do you play with others online? That would be interesting. All those rainy days at the cottage have turned me into a card shark i'm afraid. Played too much. Now tetris i like. Or trivia. Candy Crush i liked but it got too addictive.

Reply to this post

Response to No Vested Interest (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 27, 2019, 11:24 PM

5. You are not alone...The solitaire installed at Windows does it for me.

Reply to this post

Response to Stuart G (Reply #5)

Fri Sep 27, 2019, 11:48 PM

8. I've played that back when it came with every version of windows. A great way

to take a break at work especially if you want to try and quit smoking on your breaks.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 27, 2019, 06:25 PM

2. . . .

Reply to this post

Response to fleur-de-lisa (Reply #2)

Fri Sep 27, 2019, 11:25 PM

6. Yes, that is what we need, group hugs

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 27, 2019, 11:33 PM

7. Yes, some days are a difficult struggle. We must keep on plugging.

And we must stick together. I was thinking the exact same thoughts as you have 2 days ago. (about having a drink).. We are in this together. I have been going to meetings for over 40 years. I have heard many stories and accomplishments..................all kinds....
..One of the things that I have discovered through my struggles is, "If it were easy, it would be easy

............................And...It ain't easy............ We got to hang in there..One Day at a Time..

...........................And thank you for sharing with us..I needed to read your post today..Thank You again..

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 30, 2019, 11:23 AM

9. Just remember...

It's never a couple of drinks and it never stops with cooking dinner.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread