HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Health (Group) » Percentage of U.S. childr...

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 01:52 PM

Percentage of U.S. children under age 2 who don't receive any vaccines has quadrupled since 2001.

David Fahrenthold Retweeted:

NEW: Percentage of U.S. children under age 2 who donít receive any vaccines has quadrupled since 2001. Parental hesitancy/refusal is one reason. My story.

4 replies, 335 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Percentage of U.S. children under age 2 who don't receive any vaccines has quadrupled since 2001. (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Oct 11 OP
mr_lebowski Oct 11 #1
meadowlark5 Oct 11 #2
BigmanPigman Oct 11 #3
littlemissmartypants Oct 12 #4

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 01:58 PM

1. It's too bad this won't just be a 'Darwin Awards' type of problem ...

These idiot parents are endangering EVERYONE.

Sorry to rip off The Dead Kennedy's, but ...

Anti-Vaxxers, F*** OFF!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 02:00 PM

2. How much of this is due to economic issues?

I'm not sure what the health departments offer, but I was looking at a menu of services offered at King Soopers Walk-In Clinic while waiting to be seen a couple of months ago (a Kroeger grocery store) and was shocked at the cost of vaccines if you don't have insurance.

One injection vaccines were $99 and up. So if a child needs a series with boosters, that's a pretty big cost. I know that doesn't account for the bulk of the anti-vaccers but with the lack of health ins for so many, could be a contributor.

I remember when I was a kid being herded into the gymnasium and having mass inoculations. That's where I got my polio vaccine - the little cup of pink liquid. a tuberculosis test, small pox etc. As far as I know, there was no cost to my parents

Reply to this post

Response to meadowlark5 (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 11, 2018, 05:54 PM

3. That is a good point.

I don't have kids but was a teacher and the schools wouldn't let kids enter unless they were vaccinated since it isn't safe for other students and their hard working, underpaid teachers...

I don't know if there are any free vaccination shots for those who can't afford it. I do know that the teachers were pissed off over celebrities acting like doctors and scientists telling the public that vaccinations cause autism, etc.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 12, 2018, 05:23 AM

4. We should all be concerned about this. eom

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread