HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Disability (Group) » How did your attorney han...

Thu Feb 6, 2014, 09:25 AM

How did your attorney handle your case before your 1st hearing?

After my initial denial by SS, I hired an attorney to file the appeal. In a year and a half since then, I heard nothing from them, got no advice, except for signing forms through the mail. The only time I've heard from them is on Monday, a week before my hearing. It was a 10 min. phone call basically telling me not to lie.

I'm curious what advice your attorneys gave you before your first hearing after you hired them. There's nothing I can do about it now, just curious. Thanks so much.

1 replies, 1370 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply How did your attorney handle your case before your 1st hearing? (Original post)
Holly_Hobby Feb 2014 OP
mackerel Jul 2015 #1

Response to Holly_Hobby (Original post)

Fri Jul 17, 2015, 11:54 PM

1. Your attorney should have done a hearing prep

two months before your hearing. You need to get all the updated medical records submitted prior to the hearing. Some ALJ's are real jerks about this and if there are no med records prior hearing they'll schedule a subsequent hearing. When is your hearing date and will there be a ME or a VE schedule for the hearing?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread