HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » Feminists (Group) » A band was so desperate t...

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 05:16 PM

A band was so desperate to hire a bassist, they considered a woman

Opening line: "Met with this lady last night..."

Opening line: "My only concerns are that I hope..."

There's no indication of what this bandmember plays, but if he can't operate his instrument or vocals any better than he can a mobile phone, HE'S the one who should be looking for a job:

That's right! He sent that message to the aspiring bassist instead, who in turn sent it -- well, EVERYWHERE via Facebook! He apologized, though it's not clear whether he's sorry for the unprofessionalism of his attitude toward women or the unprofessionalism of his phone texting skills.

And now for the bad news: this drama has a cliffhanger ending. There's no indication of what the bassist wrote after "No problem, hope you find..." How about "Hope that you find that a 200-pound Marshall stack amplifier is a split second from landing on your head"?

rocktivity

2 replies, 566 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply A band was so desperate to hire a bassist, they considered a woman (Original post)
rocktivity Apr 15 OP
paranoid floyd Apr 15 #1
better Apr 15 #2

Response to rocktivity (Original post)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 05:30 PM

1. Thanks for posting

Iíve played in many bands with women (Iím a male) and have never had a problem. Most of the women were the band leaders and it didnít even a occur to me that there would be a problem. When professional musicians act like professional musicians there never needs to be a problem.

I play in one group with my wife and it would break my heart if anyone ever considered her less a musician than I. Sheís worked just as hard as I have to get where she is today. Thereís something about sharing love and sharing music that is hard to beat.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rocktivity (Original post)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 05:33 PM

2. Wow, two DU posts about bassists in one day, and both female.

I was on a thread earlier this morning about the legendary Grand Dame of bass, Carol Kaye. How asinine of this "musician". I know more than a few women bassists who can play circles around me.

In fairness, though, my female dog could probably play circles around me. I'm really pretty bad.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread