HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » Taliban cut Afghan man's ...

Sat Aug 28, 2021, 08:03 PM

Taliban cut Afghan man's body into pieces to 'show what they do with gay people'

Taliban cut Afghan man’s body into pieces to ‘show what they do with gay people’ (Pink News)

A gay man in Afghanistan has described how the Taliban killed his boyfriend and “cut his body into pieces” to “show what they do with gay people”.

The 26-year-old, going by the pseudonym of “Gabir” to protect his identity, told the i that he and his boyfriend were sitting in a restaurant together in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, when the city was seized by the Taliban on 15 August.

They both rushed back to their respective homes, and soon Gabir was unable to get hold of his partner as his phone signal and internet connection began to fail.

He said: “At 5 or 6 o’clock, my brother told me something has happened, that ‘you should contact your friends’. When I call my friends, everyone’s phone is off.”

Tragically, Gabir finally discovered from a friend that his boyfriend, who was just 24 years old, had been tracked down by the Taliban and killed.

“Two cars came, with Taliban in it,” he said.

“They said, ‘Where is his home?’ and beat him so much. They took him away – nobody knows where – and then they kill him.

“Afterwards they said they brought the body [back] and cut his body into pieces to show the people that this is what we do with gay people.”

Gabir and his boyfriend had been together for eight months after meeting at university, and had been planning to leave Afghanistan to get married.

4 replies, 1191 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Taliban cut Afghan man's body into pieces to 'show what they do with gay people' (Original post)
Passenger Aug 2021 OP
elias7 Aug 2021 #1
COL Mustard Aug 2021 #4
COL Mustard Aug 2021 #2
multigraincracker Aug 2021 #3

Response to Passenger (Original post)

Sat Aug 28, 2021, 08:13 PM

1. No rational person would make a deal with such scoundrels as the Taliban

‘Cept Trump.

These people are evil

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to elias7 (Reply #1)

Sat Aug 28, 2021, 08:15 PM

4. You Undercut Your Argument.

You said "rational person" and then you included T****.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 28, 2021, 08:14 PM

2. The Taliban Are Disgusting Savages

They should not even be called human. But they are, so we have to treat them accordingly.

ISIS is worse.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 28, 2021, 08:15 PM

3. Can't the world

Build The Wall?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread