HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Creative Speculation (Group) » Could the bombing of the ...

Wed May 14, 2014, 08:03 PM

Could the bombing of the WTC in 1993 perhaps have weakened the structure of the buildings?

First off, lemme state that I don't believe it was an "inside job" or anything like that. I was thinking of the 1993 bombing when I though of this: What if the buildings structure was unknowingly damaged so bad in 1993 that that's what caused the buildings to fall when the planes hit them in 2001?

I just did a search and it came up completely empty. Am I the first one to have though of this? What does everyone think?

3 replies, 1881 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Could the bombing of the WTC in 1993 perhaps have weakened the structure of the buildings? (Original post)
Reter May 2014 OP
Make7 May 2014 #1
jberryhill May 2014 #2
hack89 May 2014 #3

Response to Reter (Original post)

Wed May 14, 2014, 08:16 PM

1. From what I remember, that seems extremely unlikely.

First, the bomb in 1993 only went off under one of the twin towers - so that wouldn't explain both collapses. Second, the tower collapses started near where the planes impacted them - not sure how a bomb detonated 80 floors or more below that eight years prior could be a contributing factor at all.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 15, 2014, 12:18 PM

2. Each of the towers failed where the planes impacted

Reply to this post

Thu May 15, 2014, 09:33 PM

3. They didn't collapse from the bottom

They collapsed from the top down. So no.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread