HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Israel/Palestine (Group) » Jared Kushner expresses d...

Mon Jun 3, 2019, 03:34 AM

Jared Kushner expresses doubt that Palestinians can self-govern

White House senior adviser says he hopes Palestinians will become ‘capable of governing’ and denies Trump is racist in rare interview

<snip>

"White House senior adviser Jared Kushner has expressed uncertainty over the ability of Palestinians to self-govern, in a rare television interview broadcast on Sunday night.

Kushner, President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and an architect of the White House’s yet-to-be-released Middle East peace plan, told the “Axios on HBO” television program it would be a “high bar” when asked if the Palestinians could expect freedom from Israeli military and government interference.

The Palestinian leadership has boycotted a diplomatic effort that Trump has hailed as the “deal of the century.” Although Kushner has been drafting the plan for two years under a veil of secrecy, it is seen by Palestinian and some Arab officials as tilting heavily in Israel’s favour and denying them a state of their own.

Kushner again avoided saying explicitly whether the plan would include a two-state solution, the bedrock of US policy for decades, calling for a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, with its capital in East Jerusalem."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/03/jared-kushner-expresses-doubt-palestinians-self-govern-trump-racism

6 replies, 1300 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jared Kushner expresses doubt that Palestinians can self-govern (Original post)
Scurrilous Jun 2019 OP
InAbLuEsTaTe Jun 2019 #1
Sherman A1 Jun 2019 #2
aranthus Jun 2019 #3
Eugene Jun 2019 #4
RedParrot Jun 2019 #5
Scurrilous Jun 2019 #6

Response to Scurrilous (Original post)

Mon Jun 3, 2019, 04:03 AM

1. I see EVERYTHING that these stupid fucks do leading to WWIII...

We must get them out of power... politically whatever it takes, whomever it requires, whenever it happens. We have no choice... it must be done!!

Bernie & Elizabeth 2020!!!
Welcome to the revolution!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jun 3, 2019, 05:27 AM

2. And his opinion is worth exactly what?

Reply to this post

Response to Sherman A1 (Reply #2)

Mon Jun 3, 2019, 11:11 AM

3. Insight into what this administration is thinking.

Otherwise, not much.

Reply to this post

Response to Sherman A1 (Reply #2)

Mon Jun 3, 2019, 12:16 PM

4. Unforunately, this untrained princeling makes what passes for policy.

He's the tot with the loaded gun. It matters that he can't see past his own personal enrichment.

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 3, 2019, 01:26 PM

5. I'll get banned if I were to say what I think of Kushner

I was banned somewhere else for saying that I prayed for Trump chocking on a Big Mac.

The I/P conflict is tragic and complicated enough without having Prince Jared and his father-in-law inserting themselves on this issue and abandoning the 2-state solution.

Israelis, Palestinians, and Americans deserve better than a cockamamie plan cooked up by Kushner.

Reply to this post

Response to RedParrot (Reply #5)

Reply to this thread