HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Foreign Affairs (Group) » South Korean president to...

Fri Sep 14, 2018, 02:54 PM

South Korean president to fly to North Korea for 1st time to continue nuclear talks

South Korean president to fly to North Korea for 1st time to continue nuclear talks
By JOOHEE CHO HAKYUNG KATE LEE

https://abcnews.go.com/International/south-korean-president-fly-north-korea-1st-time/story?id=57821674

South Korea's President Moon Jae-in is expected to fly to Pyongyang for the first time next week in the hopes of accelerating international efforts to denuclearize North Korea.

"At this stage, I believe it is most important to put a complete end to military tensions between North and South, or possibility of military conflict, or war threat," Moon told reporters Thursday.

It will be the third summit this year between Moon and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The first two meetings -- in April and May -- took place at Panmunjom, which separates the two Koreas...

1 replies, 162 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply South Korean president to fly to North Korea for 1st time to continue nuclear talks (Original post)
soryang Friday OP
procon Friday #1

Response to soryang (Original post)

Fri Sep 14, 2018, 03:24 PM

1. And the US, a major stakeholder, is not even on the guest list?

Can't imagine why, I mean who wouldn't want the neighbor's bratty kid crashing the serious adult's meet up?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread