HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Foreign Affairs (Group) » Chavistas - The Revolutio...

Tue Dec 8, 2015, 01:04 PM

Chavistas - The Revolution / Destruction Is Over - Deal With It

By now the people of Venezuela have figured out that nationalizing all industries, and letting corrupt morons run the country for the enrichment of only a few "connected" people, while the rest of the country sinks isn't exactly the way to go.

Capitalism isn't perfect, but at least the people (wealthy donors) that run our country are not complete idiots. At least I can wipe my ass, and go to the store without waiting in line two hours for a bag of arepa mix.

Venezuela wasn't perfect before Chavez took over, but it is a hell hole now. They stopped reporting the murders in Caracas years ago because the economy was going south at 100 mph for years, and crime went through the roof. It just hit the brick wall recently. From what I understand the police were the worst criminals of all.

Now the Chavistas want to "work together" with the opposition. Really? How about undoing all the damage? How about opening the country to foreign investment, before Venezuela crumbles into the dust? A no brainer.

I can't even visit Venezuela, because it is too dangerous my wife's family told me.

Time to stop blaming America, and look into the mirror Maduro. America isn't perfect, but at least some things work here....

1 replies, 491 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chavistas - The Revolution / Destruction Is Over - Deal With It (Original post)
Yallow Dec 2015 OP
Mika Dec 2015 #1

Response to Yallow (Original post)

Tue Dec 8, 2015, 02:04 PM

1. "Some people say ... "

Well done sir!

USA USA USA.

"WE WON." - Fmr US Sec of State Hillary Clinton on Ven election

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread