HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Vegetarian, Vegan and Animal Rights (Group) » The pit bull threads are ...

Fri Jul 26, 2019, 03:22 PM

The pit bull threads are back

I thought this place wised up and moved on from them.

Here is what I know "Pit bull" is an umbrella term used by the media to refer to molosser breeds. Last I checked more more people die from horses than dogs. Also cats are often targets of little sociopaths.

Here is a story of when police used dogs undercover to infiltrate a dog fighting ring to show what these dogs are really like and the sad life they have to endure when they are owned by bad people.

Dog Beat Dog: To Pull Off the Biggest Pit Bull Fighting Bust in U.S. History, Investigators and Their Dogs Went Undercover
https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/dog-beat-dog-to-pull-off-the-biggest-pit-bull-fighting-bust-in-us-history-investigators-and-their-dogs-went-undercover-6445896

The breed with "Pit bull" are American Pit Bull Terriors which the females can be small around 30 lbs or so. I had 2 Gordon Setters that were much bigger.

Anyways, just wondering how this board feels from an animal rights perspective?

7 replies, 510 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply The pit bull threads are back (Original post)
JonLP24 Jul 26 OP
CrispyQ Jul 26 #1
Polly Hennessey Jul 26 #2
Mrbojangles Jul 26 #3
marble falls Jul 26 #4
flvegan Jul 27 #5
flvegan Jul 27 #6
Duppers Jul 28 #7

Response to JonLP24 (Original post)

Fri Jul 26, 2019, 03:48 PM

1. When I was a kid, long ago, Doberman's were the mean dog.

Then German Shepards. Now Pit Bulls. Maybe it's the people who are the problem? The things we force animals to do for our entertainment is sickening.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jul 26, 2019, 03:56 PM

2. Sadly, bad people own dogs.

I firmly believe that if a dog is treated with love and respect they will be wonderful pets. I have had dogs my entire life and I have never had a problem. I have had German Shepherds, Labs, Golden Retrievers, Cocker Spaniels, Pugs, a Dingo/ Red Heeler mix, Corgi, etc. I now have a Great Pyrenees and what I call my Venezuelan street dog (Alexander and Scout, respectively). We think Scout is a mix of German Shepherd/Labrador/Pit Bull. She is smart, goofy, and energetic. Alexander is a huge love bug. In other words, great dogs. All dogs are great until humans bring ugliness.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 26, 2019, 04:08 PM

3. No support for the breed of peace

I can't get behind any sopport of pit bulls anymore. They've become a status dog and nothing more. Corgy's may bite, but they don't kill. They are other dog aggressive as well. I just don't see the love.

Reply to this post

Response to Mrbojangles (Reply #3)

Fri Jul 26, 2019, 10:24 PM

4. Every single bad Pit Bull I've ever seen got made that way by an asshole owner.

Reply to this post

Response to Mrbojangles (Reply #3)

Sat Jul 27, 2019, 02:06 AM

5. "I have no idea what I'm talking about."

There, made it simpler for you.

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 27, 2019, 02:17 AM

6. For the record

"this place" will never "wise up"

Ever.

This forum? That's another story.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 28, 2019, 03:54 AM

7. Bayard did a good job a couple of days ago...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread