HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Public Transportation and Smart Growth (Group) » Public transit hopes to w...

Sun May 2, 2021, 07:24 PM

Public transit hopes to win back riders after crushing year

WASHINGTON (AP) Taking the Los Angeles Metro for his first trip in months, Brad Hudson felt a moment of normalcy when the train rolled into the South Pasadena, California, station, harkening back to his daily commute into LA before the coronavirus pandemic.

Then Hudson boarded the train, and reality set in.

Not everyone wore masks. Metro staffing levels appeared much lighter, with more trash on the trains.

I dont feel at risk for COVID, because Im vaccinated and I mask, said Hudson, a child psychologist. But he felt security was worse now he said a passenger shouted at him for no apparent reason and, on a subsequent ride, a man entered a train car with a large knife strapped to his leg. ..........(more)

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-government-and-politics-environment-and-nature-politics-lifestyle-56d36574e38cec038f77339ef12076bc?

1 replies, 485 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Public transit hopes to win back riders after crushing year (Original post)
marmar May 2021 OP
abqtommy May 2021 #1

Response to marmar (Original post)

Sun May 2, 2021, 07:28 PM

1. Here in Albuquerque the Metro Bus System has been running all through this time,

even with reduced ridership. Masking and distancing have been enforced. Since many people have no other means of transport this is one of many reasons why I love living here.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread