HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Public Transportation and Smart Growth (Group) » Honolulu rail project's p...

Mon Mar 22, 2021, 08:12 PM

Honolulu rail project's price tag hits $12.4B

Mar. 18—The board that oversees the city's troubled rail project expects to be told today that the cost has now ballooned to $12.449 billion, the projected shortfall stands at $3.577 billion and the completion date has been pushed back to March 2031.

There is no clear or easy plan on how to plug the $3.577 billion deficit as the price tag to build the 20-mile, 21-station project continues to rise.

"The cost has significantly increased just over the last several months, " Kika Bukoski, a member of the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation's board of directors, told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser. "We're doing our best to determine the cause and how to control it."

Bukoski supports Lori Kahikina, HART's interim CEO and executive director, who has had a rough week a little over two months into her new job. ..............(more)

https://www.masstransitmag.com/rail/infrastructure/news/21215057/hi-honolulu-rail-projects-price-tag-hits-124b

1 replies, 522 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Honolulu rail project's price tag hits $12.4B (Original post)
marmar Mar 2021 OP
msongs Mar 2021 #1

Response to marmar (Original post)

Mon Mar 22, 2021, 08:23 PM

1. I recommend lots of jail time for fraud if provable. it's been under construction for 10 years and

as of now it is maybe half way done and not one inch of it is being run for public use. There are 4 more miles to go and it's gonna take TEN frigging years to go that 4 miles. so ten yrs may end up being 20. there's a ton of corruption in Hawaii. I say fire everyone associated with it and bring in off-island people who know how to get things done

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread