HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Frugal and Energy Efficient Living (Group) » 10 Offbeat Charity Gifts ...

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:11 AM

10 Offbeat Charity Gifts that Do the World Good

If you're looking for gift ideas this season, and want to donate to charity in someone's name... check these out (from Treehugger.com)

http://www.treehugger.com/slideshows/culture/10-offbeat-charity-gifts-do-world-good/

This holiday season, put that Snuggie budget to better use and help a charity do something productive in the world: Wrap up dung for crops, a tree for a butterfly, the wellbeing of an octopus, a camel for milk, and more. These offbeat charity gifts contribute to environmental and social causes around the world.

Plus, your giftee will appreciate not having to make room for a new gewgaw, the recipients of the charity will appreciate the help, and the landfill will appreciate the dearth of packing, shipping and wrapping materials. Win, win, win!

4 replies, 1812 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply 10 Offbeat Charity Gifts that Do the World Good (Original post)
Flaxbee Dec 2012 OP
cbayer Dec 2012 #1
Flaxbee Dec 2012 #2
Curmudgeoness Dec 2012 #3
Flaxbee Dec 2012 #4

Response to Flaxbee (Original post)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:43 PM

1. This is great! Thanks so much.

I stopped giving gifts years ago, but have made it a habit to give something to a worthy cause in the name of those I used to gift.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to cbayer (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:28 PM

2. you're welcome - some interesting new options

Reply to this post

Response to Flaxbee (Original post)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 06:44 PM

3. I think I know some people who should get the poop.

Not only did I enjoy that list, I went on to look at the 2012 gift guides too. Great site for gift ideas.....even though I already have finished my shopping.

I wish people would give me this kind of gift....instead of more "gewgaws", whatever they are (but I am sure I have some). I am especially into Heifers International.

Reply to this post

Response to Curmudgeoness (Reply #3)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:44 PM

4. I know... I'd love any of these things -- gifts to charity in my name.

I don't want more stuff, just because someone feels they need to give me something ...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread