HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Environment & Energy (Group) » Digital Lumens promises 9...

Tue Mar 3, 2015, 07:21 PM

Digital Lumens promises 90% energy savings via networked LED lighting

http://www.ledsmagazine.com/articles/2010/03/digital-lumens-promises-90-energy-savings-via-networked-led-lighting.html

Start-up company will target industrial environments such as warehouses and rely on network control and efficient LED fixtures to achieve savings.

Tom Pincince, Digital Lumens President & CEO, states, "We can provide 100% of the light at 10% of the energy cost." The new entrant into the industrial-lighting segment believes that the combination of LED fixtures, network control of each fixture, and lighting-management software can deliver on the promise.

Digital Lumens will target applications such as high-bay lighting in warehouses. For instance the company uses a cold-storage warehouse as an example. According to Pincine, only about 10% of such a facility is occupied at any given time, and lights in the remainder can be dimmed or even extinguished.

In the cold-storage case study, a trial installation provided a 95% reduction in energy usage. The 268,000-square-feet facility energy costs dropped from $225,000 to $10,000 annually. Pincince claims that a thrid of the enrgy used by tarhet customers is presently used for lighting.
(more)

1 replies, 650 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Digital Lumens promises 90% energy savings via networked LED lighting (Original post)
Bill USA Mar 2015 OP
madokie Mar 2015 #1

Response to Bill USA (Original post)

Tue Mar 3, 2015, 08:31 PM

1. over the last few months I've been changing our cfl's to led

40 watt equivalent incandescent, 500 lumens and using 5 watts electricity. I like the white light of these LEDs much better than the cfl or the old incandescents.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread