HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Environment & Energy (Group) » Tackle Climate Change / J...

Sat Apr 23, 2016, 02:24 AM

Tackle Climate Change / Jump Start Economy - Create Jobs

"Tackling Climate Change Could Jump-Start The Economy"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tackling-climate-change-economy_us_57190c3fe4b0d912d5fdd92f

I am sure the Republicans want us to burn baby burn.... Drill baby drill! Fry baby fry.

Die baby die.

Time to fix this and create jobs at the same time.

6 replies, 884 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tackle Climate Change / Jump Start Economy - Create Jobs (Original post)
Yallow Apr 2016 OP
elleng Apr 2016 #1
dreamnightwind Apr 2016 #2
elleng Apr 2016 #3
dreamnightwind Apr 2016 #4
elleng Apr 2016 #5
dreamnightwind Apr 2016 #6

Response to elleng (Reply #1)

Sat Apr 23, 2016, 08:56 AM

2. Actually two candidates, you forgot Bernie - eom

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dreamnightwind (Reply #2)

Sat Apr 23, 2016, 01:38 PM

3. I don't think he said it as long ago as Governor O'Malley did.

Reply to this post

Response to elleng (Reply #3)

Sat Apr 23, 2016, 01:47 PM

4. You have to be kidding, right?

Bernie formally put it into his plan by early December, which may or may not be before O'Malley put it in his plan (I didn't see dates in your links), and regardless, Bernie's been advocating for this for years, and is a candidate who is still in the race.

I'm fine with you advocating for O'Malley, it just seems an odd and misleading omission.

Reply to this post

Response to dreamnightwind (Reply #4)

Sat Apr 23, 2016, 01:57 PM

5. No, not 'kidding.'

'Martin O'Malley Is A Longshot Presidential Candidate, and a Real Climate Hawk
The data-loving Maryland gov could have the greenest credentials of any '16 contender. . .

In 2009, O'Malley signed into law a state target of reducing total greenhouse gas emissions by 25 percent from 2006 levels by 2020. O'Malley has laid out other goals to help get his state there, such as doubling transit ridership by the end of 2020 and increasing in-state generation from renewables to 20 percent of electricity use by 2020. So Maryland must keep tabs on everything from energy demand and renewable capacity to transit use, waste management, and tree cover.

O'Malley is the rare elected official who seems genuinely motivated to address climate change. "I deal with a lot of politicians in my work as a climate advocate," says Mike Tidwell, director of the Chesapeake Climate Action Network. "Martin O'Malley, more than any politician I know, really loses sleep over climate change. He is deeply concerned about climate change and his actions over the last eight years reveal that. He's pushed the envelope more than anyone I've seen. He's the kind of politician where his staff comes in and says, ‘Here's what we propose to do,' and most politicians would say, ‘Let's cut that down a little,' and Martin O'Malley regularly says, ‘We can't do better than that? Push a little harder?'">>>

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/12/martin-omalley-longshot-presidential-candidate-and-real-climate-hawk
Dec. 18, 2014

Reply to this post

Response to elleng (Reply #5)

Sat Apr 23, 2016, 11:19 PM

6. I never knocked O'Malley on this, so you miss the point - eom

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread