HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Consumer Advice (Group) » Student Loan Scams..and ...

Fri Apr 27, 2018, 04:08 PM

Student Loan Scams..and Where to Get Help

Title of article... States and FTC Unite to Fight Fake Student Loan Help

Hit the link below then scroll down to the story about the scams themselves, then scroll further down to where you can get help. Scambusters is reliable and honest.

Title of 2nd article, "Free Help Is Available" This article is further down the page...

https://www.scambusters.org/studentloanhelp.html

2 replies, 1697 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Student Loan Scams..and Where to Get Help (Original post)
Stuart G Apr 2018 OP
OLDMDDEM Jul 2018 #1
Stuart G Jul 2018 #2

Response to Stuart G (Original post)

Fri Jul 20, 2018, 03:19 PM

1. OldMDDem

I just received a phone call from the "US Courts." When I answered the person said, Hi grandpa. I asked who it was and he said that he was my grandson. Having received this call several times, I just asked, when is your birthday. He told me to fuck myself and hung up.

If you believe its a scam, it is a scam. The IRS one is similar to this except it is a recording wanting you to call a certain number to pay your back taxes. It's all BS.

Be careful out there.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to OLDMDDEM (Reply #1)

Fri Jul 20, 2018, 03:25 PM

2. Thank You for sharing your experience today. About con artists........

When you think you have seen it all ...there is more. Always more when it comes to the scams. Variations on a theme, different times, places, stories, topics. They are all looking for a quick buck. Thank you for mentioning the IRS scam..I got that phone call too.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread