HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Weird News (Group) » Squirrel suspected of cau...

Sat Mar 21, 2020, 12:38 PM

Squirrel suspected of causing Yarmouth County truck blaze

Carla Allen (carla.allen@tricountyvanguard.ca)
Published: 21 hours ago
Updated: 18 hours ago

YARMOUTH, N.S.

It seemed the whole neighbourhood was alerted to the death of a Ford F150 on March 16.

The alarm horn on the vehicle blared away as firefighters tackled the blaze on the Lakeside Drive property and explosions rocked the vehicle.

Arnold Ellis owned the truck for 13 years and drove it only occasionally. He says it had four brand new tires on it and a full tank of gas and that he drove it last week.

Just before it caught fire he had decided to drive it to where he had a tree blocked up at the back of his property. He planned on bringing the wood up closer to his shed.

He put half a dozen blocks on the back of the truck and came around to the side and saw smoke coming out the door.

more: https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/news/provincial/squirrel-suspected-of-causing-yarmouth-county-truck-blaze-427487/

3 replies, 750 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Squirrel suspected of causing Yarmouth County truck blaze (Original post)
eppur_se_muova Mar 2020 OP
Sherman A1 Mar 2020 #1
bmbmd Mar 2020 #2
Stryst Mar 2020 #3

Response to eppur_se_muova (Original post)

Sat Mar 21, 2020, 12:43 PM

1. My wife's Nissan Rogue sustained

$3k in damage to the wiring and hoses under the hood as we had a squirrel trying to make a nest there.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sherman A1 (Reply #1)

Sat Mar 21, 2020, 12:52 PM

2. Same here.

2010 Tundra,damaged during the Fukushima nuclear disaster, and parts were not to be had.

Reply to this post

Response to eppur_se_muova (Original post)

Sun Mar 22, 2020, 11:31 PM

3. Rodents aren't to be trusted

I keep pet rats, and I love them to pieces, but they can be murder on any loose cables.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread