HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Computers & Internet » Computer Help and Support (Group) » How do I Remove Ads by Sa...

Fri Apr 17, 2015, 04:53 AM

How do I Remove Ads by SalePlus from Chrome Completely

My roommate often shops and watches movies online. One day she found random ads pop up on Chrome, especially on shopping pages like Amazon, which drove her nearly crazy. She said she accidentally clicked on a pop-up link and didnít notice the danger. Having some acknowledge of computer, I looked into each pop-up ad and found the word in common: SalePlus. That is, it must be caused by SalePlus. I tried sorting it out in some hours.
First, I check the Control Panel. But unluckily it does not locate there. Then I open Chrome browser, go to tools and check unfamiliar add-ons. Well, some extension naming SaleeePluss is enabled. Without doubt, I trash it. Meanwhile, I clear all caches and browsing history (For sure, I export her bookmarks). After a reboot, the browser works fine again (really makes her day! LOL). Just in case the malware comes back again, I search the keyword in registry keys. Luckily it has not infected the system deeply.
Later on I Google SalePlus and viewed some posts listed at the top. One detailed removal guidematched my thoughts exactly.
What a nice day!

1 replies, 1217 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply How do I Remove Ads by SalePlus from Chrome Completely (Original post)
JeniferHuston Apr 2015 OP
edgineered Apr 2015 #1

Response to JeniferHuston (Original post)

Fri Apr 17, 2015, 06:05 AM

1. Add SalePlus to your host file.

Do a search for:

Windows 8 host file

or whatever version of Windows that you are using. It may also be necessary to remove their files from your machine.

Search for removing Temporary Internet Files.
If they have created a Folder in your machine, remove it. If needed use Windows Help for that.

Good luck. I'm gone for the day, but others here are much more knowledgable than me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread