HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Campaigns (Group) » Bloomberg's promises

Mon Apr 27, 2020, 04:52 PM

Bloomberg's promises

As we all recall, Bloomberg promised an all out media campaign to destroy Trump regardless of which democrat won the nomination. I know Trump is self-destructing , but has anyone heard where Bloomberg’s promise stands ?

2 replies, 1022 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bloomberg's promises (Original post)
rso Apr 27 OP
Hoyt Apr 27 #1
BigmanPigman Apr 27 #2

Response to rso (Original post)

Mon Apr 27, 2020, 05:07 PM

1. I think he'll come through. However, the way he was treated by some folks, I wouldn't blame

him if he just said, "The heck with it, you folks come up with the money if you want trump beaten."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rso (Original post)

Mon Apr 27, 2020, 05:15 PM

2. I think he said he would use it to support Dems

during their camapigns. I assume he will be writing more checks as we get closer to the election. Right now he is helping financially with the virus.

"Mike Bloomberg is again deploying his massive personal fortune – this time to combat the coronavirus."

"Bloomberg plans to spend $10.5 million to build a contact tracing program, which would help local officials follow the spread of the virus in an effort to contain it. The work will center on New York City, but also go into neighboring jurisdictions."

"Beyond the New York contact tracing work, Bloomberg’s philanthropic operation announced a $40 million pledge to support efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19 in low- and middle-income nations."

https://apnews.com/5a838e342623528c49583630aa49a1f3

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread