HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » United Kingdom (Group) » Sammy Wilson MP pictured ...

Fri Sep 25, 2020, 04:43 AM

Sammy Wilson MP pictured not wearing mask on tube

A photo has emerged of DUP MP Sammy Wilson not wearing a face mask on public transport in London.

It appeared on social media on Thursday morning, showing Mr Wilson reading a magazine, as he headed to the airport.

A witness claimed he did not wear a mask for the duration of his tube journey from Westminster to Heathrow.

Mr Wilson said he accepted he "should have been" wearing a face covering and he would "accept whatever consequences there are".

"I have accepted that I wasn't wearing a mask, I should have been," he said.

[link:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54284405|]

Wearing a mask on the tube is stifling. But pretty much everyone complies, because we are in the middle of a bloody pandemic. Sammy Wilson is a far right literal moron. He is the classic example a politician who won his seat based on green and orange and nothing else. He did not wear a face covering because he did not want to. Yet another example of law makers thinking that the law does not apply to them.

3 replies, 376 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sammy Wilson MP pictured not wearing mask on tube (Original post)
Soph0571 Sep 25 OP
Doodley Sep 25 #1
T_i_B Sep 25 #3
Cosmo Blues Sep 25 #2

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Fri Sep 25, 2020, 05:16 AM

1. His excuse is pathetic.

"I took a call and you can't talk through a mask as you are muffled, so I took it off but put it back on again soon after."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Doodley (Reply #1)

Fri Sep 25, 2020, 10:29 AM

3. I've taken plenty of phone calls while wearing a mask

Last edited Fri Sep 25, 2020, 12:38 PM - Edit history (1)

The one thing you find yourself doing in that situation is talking louder than you normally would to make up for the fact that there's something in front of your mouth. Come to think of it, most conversations with a mask on tend to be at a higher volume!

And if you don't want to be discussing something loudly in public you don't accept the phone call.

Reply to this post

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Fri Sep 25, 2020, 10:25 AM

2. He can only take responsibility for Contracting the disease

He can't make up for giving it to someone else

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread