HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » United Kingdom (Group) » Revealed: Brexit group co...

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 01:36 AM

Revealed: Brexit group covered up its targeting of right-wing extremists

Brexit-backer Arron Banks repeatedly denied that Leave.EU appealed to National Front supporters – in a bid to get the BBC to drop an investigation

Arron Banks repeatedly lied to cover-up his Brexit campaign’s effort to attract far-right extremists.

Leave.EU paid for Facebook adverts targeted at supporters of the National Front, the BNP, Britain First and the EDL.

But when the BBC asked for a response to a story they planned to run, Mr Banks sent a barrage of emails in an attempt to get the story dropped.

Leaked emails, seen by Channel 4 News, show Mr Banks insisted the BBC’s accusation were “wholly wrong” – despite his own staff telling him the story was true.

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-brexit-group-covered-up-its-targeting-of-right-wing-extremists

Another in Channel 4 News's series on Arron Banks - previous instalment here: https://www.democraticunderground.com/108815798

This one extends the net to the role of the BBC and Robbie Gibb during the referendum campaign.

3 replies, 1170 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Revealed: Brexit group covered up its targeting of right-wing extremists (Original post)
Denzil_DC Apr 2019 OP
LineNew Reply ?
crazytown Apr 2019 #1
Denzil_DC Apr 2019 #2
crazytown Apr 2019 #3

Response to Denzil_DC (Original post)

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 01:44 AM

1. ?

Why would leave have bothered targeting the NF, EDL, BNP & Britain First? Those ‘ppl’ would have been the first ones lining up on referendum day.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to crazytown (Reply #1)

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 01:48 AM

2. You're assuming they make a habit of voting. Leave.EU didn't assume that. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to Denzil_DC (Reply #2)

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 02:05 AM

3. Given their feelings about EU immigrants

I didn’t think they would need much encouraging. I’m speaking as an outsider. I don’t know how things were in the ground back then. The referendum wasn’t a just protest vote, it was a chance to blow things up.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread