HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Canada (Group) » Saudi Arabia to freeze ne...

Sun Aug 5, 2018, 10:47 PM

Saudi Arabia to freeze new trade with Canada, recalls ambassador

Saudi Arabia said Sunday it is ordering Canada's ambassador to leave the country and freezing all new trade and investment transactions with Canada in a spat over human rights.

"We consider the Canadian ambassador to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia persona non grata and order him to leave within the next 24 hours," Saudi Arabia's foreign ministry said on Twitter. Saudi Arabia is one of Canada's largest export markets in the region.

More at link:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/saudi-arabia-suspends-trade-canada-ambassador-1.4775133

How is it interference to point out what is already known??? SA is not exactly a human rights paradise.

2 replies, 1602 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Saudi Arabia to freeze new trade with Canada, recalls ambassador (Original post)
EllieBC Aug 2018 OP
democratisphere Aug 2018 #1
Cheetopuff Aug 2018 #2

Response to EllieBC (Original post)

Mon Aug 6, 2018, 02:12 AM

1. I love this governing by Twitter-Shitter crap.

SA needs to get their human rights act together; it is deplorable.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to EllieBC (Original post)

Fri Aug 10, 2018, 01:57 PM

2. hilarious how SA is acting like Canada is the bad guy here

A freaking tweet was enough to send the royal family into hysterics. More governments around the world should have the courage to stand up to the sauds, i feel so bad for the women and activists there.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread