HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » Gloves Off: Mitt Slams Ro...

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 03:00 PM

Gloves Off: Mitt Slams RonJohn Ukraine Probe Comments As Illegitimate 'Political Exercise'

Romney derided Johnson’s Ukraine investigation as having, “from the outset, had the earmarks of a political exercise, and I’m fearful that comments made in the media recently have only confirmed that perspective.”

“It’s the province of campaigns and political parties, opposition research, the media, to carry out political endeavors to learn about or dust up one’s opponent,” Romney added, in comments made directly to Johnson. “But it’s not the legitimate role of government, for Congress or for taxpayer expense, to be used as an effort to damage political opponents.”

Romney confined his criticism to Johnson’s probe of Biden and Ukraine, which seeks to substantiate long-discredited allegations that the former Vice President had a Ukrainian prosecutor fired to protect Hunter Biden from Kyiv law enforcement.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/gloves-off-mitt-slams-ronjohn-ukraine-probe-comments-as-illegitimate-political-exercise

4 replies, 517 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Gloves Off: Mitt Slams RonJohn Ukraine Probe Comments As Illegitimate 'Political Exercise' (Original post)
Ellipsis Sep 16 OP
beachbumbob Sep 16 #1
Skittles Sep 16 #2
TheRealNorth Sep 16 #3
flotsam Sep 16 #4

Response to Ellipsis (Original post)

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 03:01 PM

1. Mitt needs to gain MORE GOP senator support on this to mean anything

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 03:18 PM

3. good luck, Mittens

but you might as well join the Libertarian Party.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 16, 2020, 06:57 PM

4. Boy, I hope they can't prove...

...that Joe Biden's son shouldn't be President!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread