HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Wisconsin (Group) » Tammy Baldwin 2016

Fri Feb 20, 2015, 06:21 PM

Tammy Baldwin 2016

Any thoughts about Tammy Baldwin making a 2016 run for president? I'd like to give Hillary Clinton a primary. If there was enough support, perhaps we could get Tammy to run. I'd like the national discussion about WI politics to be about something other than Walker. Do you think she has a chance? Could she beat Hillary in a primary?

2 replies, 1178 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tammy Baldwin 2016 (Original post)
Kevin from WI Feb 2015 OP
Scuba Feb 2015 #1
Kevin from WI Feb 2015 #2

Response to Kevin from WI (Original post)

Fri Feb 20, 2015, 06:38 PM

1. Can't imagine it. She has no national presence. It is interesting that the Urinal/Sentinel ...

... is working hard to smear her over dismissing one of her staffers and trying to link the firing to the VA Hospital problems in Tomah.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Scuba (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 20, 2015, 10:19 PM

2. Her national presence could be grown

I understand what you are saying. Obama wasn't the most well know person either, but he had that keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. I wouldn't say she has zero national presence. She did deliver that speech in 2012 at the Democratic National Convention. She also had an article in a magazine about her (I think it was TIME). She is also known to some in the LGBT community as she is the first openly gay woman to serve in the Senate. She does speak with a little fire and that is something desperately needed in the Democratic party. Do you think she would have any chance for VP?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread