HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Washington (Group) » Ask our representatives t...

Fri Sep 27, 2013, 05:23 AM

Ask our representatives to support Strengthen Social Security legislation.

Social Security Works is asking its coalition members to take action re. H.R. 3118 (prime sponsored by Rep. Sanchez) & S. 567(prime sponsored by Sens. Harkin & Begich). The bills are entitled The Strengthening Social Security Act:

Call or email Representatives DelBene, Larsen, Smith, Kilmer and Heck and ask them to co-sponsor H.R. 3118 (Rep. McDermott is an original co-sponsor)

Call or email Senators Cantwell & Murray and ask them to co-sponsor S.567.

H.R. 3118 & S. 567 are companion bills and they do three things:

- Increase Soc. Sec. benefits by an average of $70 per month
- Change the current CPI that is used to determine cost of living adjustments to the Consumer Price Index for the Elderly (CPI-E) which takes into account the additional costs of health care that seniors experience
- Phases out the current income cap (Scrap the Cap) which will raise sufficient revenue for the benefit increase and the additional cost of the CPI-E and extend the life of the Trust Fund at least through 2049.

We would also ask that you educate your members about this important effort. If we can be of help, please let us know.

0 replies, 820 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread