HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Virginia (Group) » Dave Matthews Band has fi...

Fri May 18, 2018, 11:38 AM

Dave Matthews Band has fired longtime violinist Boyd Tinsley amid sexual misconduct allegations

Reports: Dave Matthews Band has fired longtime violinist Boyd Tinsley amid sexual misconduct allegations

BY SHAWN COX Richmond Times-Dispatch 10 hrs ago

The Dave Matthews Band's longtime violinist, Boyd Tinsley, is no longer a member of the band amid sexual misconduct allegations involving the Charlottesville-based musician, according to multiple online reports.

On Thursday afternoon, Consequence of Sound online magazine published a story detailing the claims involved in a lawsuit filed against the violinist, who in February had announced that he was taking a hiatus from DMB.

The plaintiff, Seattle-based trumpet player James Frost-Winn, had worked with Tinsley as a member of the band Crystal Garden. The band formed in Charlottesville in 2015. ... According to Consequence of Sound, Frost-Winn filed a lawsuit Thursday in Washington state, alleging that Tinsley created a hostile work environment and had sexually assaulted him. The suit seeks $9 million in damages.

Late Thursday and early Friday, national media outlets, including Rolling Stone, Billboard and People magazines, reported that a DMB representative had released a statement announcing Tinsley's departure.

scox@timesdispatch.com

(804) 649-6610

1 replies, 1005 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dave Matthews Band has fired longtime violinist Boyd Tinsley amid sexual misconduct allegations (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves May 2018 OP
Yonnie3 May 2018 #1

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Fri May 18, 2018, 11:54 AM

1. I was expecting this shoe to drop.

I believe he hasn't been active with DMB most of this year.

I never got an inkling of Tinsley's capacity for this sort of thing back in the day. SMH

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread