HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Torchy's Tacos removed th...

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 12:14 AM

Torchy's Tacos removed the Republican, Independent from the menu ⁠-- but don't read into it

The people voted, and the Republicans and Independents got the boot. At least, the Republican and Independent tacos at Torchy's Tacos did.

Some eagle-eyed taco lovers noticed the chain removed the Independent and the Republican tacos from its menu, leaving the Democrat as the lone politically inclined taco available.

For the uninitiated, the Republican was/is a grilled jalapeno sausage taco with shredded cheese, pico de gallo and poblano sauce on a flour tortilla. The Independent was a vegetarian offering with portobello mushrooms, refried black beans, corn, carrots, avocado, cotija cheese, cilantro and ancho aioli on a flour tortilla.

The decision to remove these tacos from the menu was not a political statement, Torchy's said in a Facebook post.

Read more: https://www.chron.com/life/food/article/Torchy-s-Tacos-removed-the-Republican-15374257.php

3 replies, 441 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Torchy's Tacos removed the Republican, Independent from the menu ⁠-- but don't read into it (Original post)
TexasTowelie Tuesday OP
tulipsandroses Tuesday #1
LeftInTX Tuesday #2
Trailrider1951 Saturday #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Jun 30, 2020, 12:17 AM

1. Damn that Republican sounds good! First time I've said that I believe

I wonder if they have a FL location?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat Jul 4, 2020, 06:56 PM

3. Torchy's Tacos is one of the things I've missed since I moved out of Texas

They truly have "Damn Good Tacos".

https://torchystacos.com/menu/damn-good-tacos/

I also miss my HEB!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread