HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Cornyn Joins Cruz, Calls ...

Thu Jun 25, 2020, 06:18 AM

Cornyn Joins Cruz, Calls On Trump Admin To Continue Supporting COVID Testing Sites

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) on Wednesday echoed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) in calling for the Trump administration to extend federal support for several coronavirus testing centers in Texas.

TPM broke the news Tuesday that the administration would end support for 13 testing centers across the country, including seven in Texas, where new COVID cases are spiking.

I know theres concern, concern I share, over some of the statements being made about withdrawing federal support for coronavirus testing in Texas at the end of June, Cornyn said in a statement.

Its pretty clear to me, and I think its clear to all of us, that with the uptick of cases, now is not a time to retreat from our vigilance in testing, he added. I believe that they need to extend that federal support in Texas, at least until we get this most recent uptick in cases addressed.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/cornyn-joins-cruz-calls-on-trump-admin-to-continue-supporting-covid-testing-sites

2 replies, 433 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cornyn Joins Cruz, Calls On Trump Admin To Continue Supporting COVID Testing Sites (Original post)
douglas9 Jun 25 OP
beachbumbob Jun 25 #1
vercetti2021 Jun 25 #2

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Thu Jun 25, 2020, 07:32 AM

1. trump's actions making more support for Biden and democrats every day in Texas, Gov Abbot is

assisting as well.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Thu Jun 25, 2020, 07:35 AM

2. Gotta save face

I hope this does not only Trump In, but Cornyn as well.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread