HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Cornyn denounces Cruz's '...

Sat Jul 30, 2016, 03:22 AM

Cornyn denounces Cruz's 'mistake' of not endorsing Trump at convention

WASHINGTON — Sen. John Cornyn admonished Sen. Ted Cruz on Friday for not endorsing Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump in his convention speech, adding his voice to the other prominent Texas politicians who have spoken out against the state's junior senator.

"I think it was a mistake,” Cornyn said in an interview on Fox News Radio’s Kilmeade & Friends. “You don’t come to the convention after you have lost the nomination and not support the nominee. I think the right thing to do would be to stay home. So I think it was a mistake and I don’t know what it means in terms of his future, but I think he miscalculated.”

Cornyn added that he has not talked to Cruz since he saw him in Cleveland, but he said other members of the Texas delegation shared a similar view.

The comments again expose the long-festering disconnect between the Lone Star state’s two senators, widely viewed on Capitol Hill as the same-state senators who least like each other.

Read more: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20160729-cornyn-denounces-cruz-s-mistake-of-not-endorsing-trump-at-convention.ece

1 replies, 630 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cornyn denounces Cruz's 'mistake' of not endorsing Trump at convention (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jul 2016 OP
grubbs Jul 2016 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat Jul 30, 2016, 07:02 AM

1. Cruz is an idealogue

He is going to find his Alamo someday and this may be it. I just wish he would have been honest about his nonendorsement. It wasn't because trump insulted his family. You could tell he was disgusted and repulsed by trump from the beginning. I would have loved if he would have said "i cannot endorse you because I loathe and despise you with every fiber of my being".

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread