HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » Candidate for Texas Gover...

Wed Feb 19, 2014, 03:15 PM

Candidate for Texas Governor Stands By Outspoken Musician

“He spews hate against our first African-American president and in return, Attorney General Greg Abbott welcomes him to the campaign trail,” Gilberto Hinojosa, the chairman of the Texas Democratic Party, said of Mr. Nugent in a statement. “Is this how Abbott celebrates Black History Month?”

Gary L. Bledsoe, the president of the Texas N.A.A.C.P., said he was disappointed with Mr. Abbott “for opening his campaign to someone who spews such hate speech.”

Democrats had no shortage of comments or behavior from Mr. Nugent’s past at which to take offense. They called him a “sexual predator,” citing an episode of VH1’s “Behind the Music” that stated he had admitted to liaisons with underage girls and had persuaded one girl’s mother to sign papers making him the girl’s legal guardian.

In April 2012, Mr. Nugent was interviewed by the Secret Service after he appeared to threaten Mr. Obama at the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting by saying that if the president was re-elected, “I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/19/us/politics/candidate-for-texas-governor-stands-by-outspoken-musician.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20140219

4 replies, 1123 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Candidate for Texas Governor Stands By Outspoken Musician (Original post)
white cloud Feb 2014 OP
Bennyboy Feb 2014 #1
argyl Feb 2014 #3
Bennyboy Feb 2014 #4
Gothmog Feb 2014 #2

Response to white cloud (Original post)

Wed Feb 19, 2014, 03:18 PM

1. The real musicians of Texas

are all behind Wendy Davis. Now if only we could get them organized...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Bennyboy (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 22, 2014, 05:02 AM

3. Nugent's not a Texas musician,real or otherwise. He's a Michigan hack who currently resides here.

Seeing that dipshit called a Texan is bad enough.

The thought of having that asshole polluting the ranks of our superbly talented musicians makes me gag.

Reply to this post

Response to argyl (Reply #3)

Sat Feb 22, 2014, 12:13 PM

4. Well yeah, that's why the REAL musicians need to

Call him out on his bullshit. They really do need to organize though.

Reply to this post

Response to white cloud (Original post)

Wed Feb 19, 2014, 04:19 PM

2. Greg is not that bright

I think that Greg is making a big mistake here. Greg is running a nasty campaign designed to appeal to tea party members only. Part of this campaign is calling Wendy Davis some nasty names including abortionbarbie. I am hoping that these tactics will backfire

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread