HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Tennessee (Group) » TN Hospital Fires Worker ...

Sun Nov 11, 2018, 03:56 AM

TN Hospital Fires Worker Who Wore Racist Shirt While Voting In Mississippi

OLIVE BRANCH, Miss. (AP) — A hospital in Tennessee has fired a worker who was photographed wearing a racist shirt while voting in Mississippi.

News outlets report that Regional One Health in Memphis says its investigation into the image shared online led to the man being fired. A picture of the man shows him at a polling place wearing a shirt that has a Confederate flag with a noose in the center and the words “Mississippi Justice.”

The hospital’s statement didn’t identify the man, but he has been identified online as a registered nurse, Clayton John Hickey.

Hickey is a former Memphis police officer who resigned in 2010 when found with a 17-year-old girl and open containers of alcohol in his car. News outlets say attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tn-hospital-fires-worker-who-wore-racist-shirt-while-voting-in-mississippi?fbclid=IwAR19atqc6raRmqf5jAM4MHihJr8ije7WhC6-KMCmt4zTQrfQw4PoRi2OYR4

3 replies, 1117 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply TN Hospital Fires Worker Who Wore Racist Shirt While Voting In Mississippi (Original post)
Cattledog Nov 2018 OP
brush Nov 2018 #1
Fullduplexxx Nov 2018 #2
Runningdawg Nov 2018 #3

Response to Cattledog (Original post)

Sun Nov 11, 2018, 04:01 AM

1. Another dumb ass. Racism and stupidity seem to go together.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Nov 11, 2018, 09:09 AM

3. I don't know where I first saw this photo

somewhere on FB - but the story said he was a poll worker. I mean it's already bad enough - why lie about it? Glad he got kicked to the curb, but to think this man was a nurse...I saw some blatant discrimination before I left the field, I had hoped it had gotten better. SMH

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread