HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Pennsylvania (Group) » Dear Senator Casey...

Sat Feb 14, 2015, 12:05 PM

Dear Senator Casey...

Hammering away…. Please remind me if this guys DID take campaign finance from the oil and gas industry.

Thanks,

MMM

Your response to my e-mail objecting to the Keystone XL pipeline demonstrate poor understanding and advisement on your part to support your vote for it. The reasoning behind your vote consisted of jobs and an adequate safety assessment. This industry, based on your information, has a high benefit to cost ratio. I see NO information supportive of that. Adding to this is real evidence of safety to the environment impact. For example, North Dakota's recent disaster was a 4 inch diameter gathering pipeline in Willingston, ND. This pipeline, just a year after its construction burst and spilled the largest most toxic drilling brine mix which dumped 3 million gallons of toxic bring into the Missouri river. This state had no pipeline inspectors, by the way, even though jobs to inspect these pipelines were vacant.

You CANNOT afford to over-look this unregulated and unsafe industry to our health detriment, can you?

Do your homework while I busy myself seeing what part of the gas and oil industry filled your campaign coffers.

5 replies, 1515 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dear Senator Casey... (Original post)
MrMickeysMom Feb 2015 OP
Curmudgeoness Feb 2015 #1
Panich52 Feb 2015 #2
MrMickeysMom Feb 2015 #3
Panich52 Feb 2015 #4
MrMickeysMom Feb 2015 #5

Response to MrMickeysMom (Original post)

Sat Feb 14, 2015, 05:12 PM

1. "Do your homework

while I busy myself seeing what part of the gas and oil industry filled your campaign coffers."

I love that response! I usually try to leave those comments out of my letters to my representatives, but that one is classic.

You made a good point about that spill in ND as well. They act as though nothing would ever go wrong, and if you look back in history, something ALWAYS goes wrong sooner or later.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MrMickeysMom (Original post)

Sun Feb 15, 2015, 04:32 PM

2. Tweeted this to @SenBobCasey

Reply to this post

Response to Panich52 (Reply #2)

Sun Feb 15, 2015, 06:19 PM

3. You must have abbreviated what I said, right?

Aren't you only allowed so many characters? (I don't tweet, can you tell?)

Reply to this post

Response to MrMickeysMom (Reply #3)

Sun Feb 15, 2015, 06:34 PM

4. Lol. 140 char. Just said "pls read" & DU link.

Reply to this post

Response to Panich52 (Reply #4)

Sun Feb 15, 2015, 06:39 PM

5. Oooh….

Clevah!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread