HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » Bill would allow Oregon t...

Mon Jan 21, 2019, 07:41 AM

Bill would allow Oregon to shut down unlicensed food operations

More than 600 food-related establishments in Oregon are operating without permits, and there’s nothing the state can do about it.

On Tuesday, a legislative committee will consider a bill that would allow the state to shut down the unlicensed operations.

House Bill 2060 would allow the Oregon Department of Agriculture, which licenses and inspects non-restaurant food establishments, to condemn or close operations that refuse to get food-safety permits or let them expire.

Owners would get 30-days’ notice before a closure order is issued. Violating the order would bring a $10,000 fine.

Read more: https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/tech/science/environment/2019/01/19/bill-allow-oda-shut-down-unlicensed-food-operations/2605382002/

1 replies, 666 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bill would allow Oregon to shut down unlicensed food operations (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jan 2019 OP
wasupaloopa Jan 2019 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Jan 21, 2019, 08:10 AM

1. I was in Portland last August for a relay. One street has food trucks all down one side of the

street. I wondered about the safety of the food.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread