HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » Oregon's New Travel Video...

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 02:37 AM

Oregon's New Travel Video May Inspire Acid Trips More Than Vacations

A new Oregon travel video seems to suggest a visit to the Beaver State is more like a psychedelic acid trip.

The anime-style video shows children riding giant rabbits, frogs reading newspapers and caterpillars bicycling through the forest. Oh, and the clouds all look like humpback whales.

The video is part of a $5 million campaign to boost state tourism, according to Travel Oregon director of global communications Linea Gagliano.

“We felt like the only way to convey the incredible feeling of being in Oregon is through animation,” Gagliano told the Statesman Journal. “It creates much more of that wonder you feel when you travel someplace new.”

Read more: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oregon-video-only-slightly-exaggerated_us_5aa7ff19e4b0e872b4bf598d

4 replies, 856 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Oregon's New Travel Video May Inspire Acid Trips More Than Vacations (Original post)
TexasTowelie Mar 2018 OP
TreasonousBastard Mar 2018 #1
classof56 Mar 2018 #2
TexasTowelie Mar 2018 #4
ploppy Mar 2018 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 03:00 AM

1. Well, if I ever had an acid trip like that, I'd still be doing the stuff.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 11:37 AM

2. I'm an Oregonian and I approve this message!

I mean, wow--far out, man. Groovy! What a trip! I encourage everyone, especially one-time hippies (I'm one o' those) to come to Oregon and enjoy our fantastic landscape from border to border. Just remember--visit but don't stay. (As a former Governor once famously said.) Seriously, do stay. It's one damned awesome state. Our motto is: She Flies With Her Own Wings. Even the bunny kind!

Hey, TexasTowellie, thanks again for all your posts about my home state, the good, the bad and the outa sight. Love 'em!

Reply to this post

Response to classof56 (Reply #2)

Fri Mar 16, 2018, 12:27 AM

4. You're welcome

and pardon me for not responding earlier, but there were a few pieces of paperwork that needed to be filed in the real world today.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 01:30 PM

3. Another reason to love Oregon!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread