HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » Want to own a town? Tiny ...

Sat Apr 22, 2017, 05:23 AM

Want to own a town? Tiny Oregon community for sale for $3.5M

TILLER, Ore. (AP) In the tiny, dying timber town of Tiller, the old cliche is true. If you blink, you might actually miss it.

But these days, this dot on a map in southwestern Oregon is generating big-city buzz for an unlikely reason: Almost the entire town is for sale.

The asking price of $3.5 million brings with it six houses, the shuttered general store and gas station, the land under the post office, undeveloped parcels, water rights and infrastructure that includes sidewalks, fire hydrants and a working power station. Tiller Elementary School, a six-classroom building that closed in 2014, is for sale separately for $350,000.

Potential buyers have come forward but are remaining anonymous, and backup offers are still being accepted.

Read more: http://www.decaturdaily.com/business/want-to-own-a-town-tiny-oregon-community-for-sale/article_69bc2da1-f361-5c90-a539-64a8ea33f764.html

3 replies, 4085 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Want to own a town? Tiny Oregon community for sale for $3.5M (Original post)
TexasTowelie Apr 2017 OP
murielm99 Apr 2017 #1
2naSalit Apr 2017 #2
ghostsinthemachine Apr 2017 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat Apr 22, 2017, 06:25 AM

1. I would worry that some

neo-nazi group or another hate group would buy it to set up their own little version of paradise.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to murielm99 (Reply #1)

Sat Apr 22, 2017, 06:50 AM

2. That's what I was thinking...nt

Reply to this post

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat Apr 22, 2017, 08:42 AM

3. Sounds like a good place for an intentional living community

And with Oregon's cannabis laws, a boon for a group of like minded individuals.....

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread