HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Oregon (Group) » recreational marijuana sa...

Sat Sep 26, 2015, 12:34 AM

recreational marijuana sales in Oregon beginning Oct. 1

any thoughts?
here's the Oregonian's Q&A: http://www.oregonlive.com/marijuana/index.ssf/2015/09/countdown_to_recreational_mari.html#incart_related_stories

Maybe it's time for a dispensary crawl...

5 replies, 1508 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply recreational marijuana sales in Oregon beginning Oct. 1 (Original post)
0rganism Sep 2015 OP
CentralMass Sep 2015 #1
jalan48 Sep 2015 #2
0rganism Sep 2015 #3
jalan48 Sep 2015 #4
0rganism Sep 2015 #5

Response to 0rganism (Original post)

Sat Sep 26, 2015, 12:36 AM

1. These are interesting tmes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 0rganism (Original post)

Sat Sep 26, 2015, 12:40 AM

2. LOL @ dispensary crawl.

I live in Eugene so I'm sure there will be retail outlets here. $10-$15 per gram seems high to me.

Reply to this post

Response to jalan48 (Reply #2)

Sun Sep 27, 2015, 04:58 PM

3. the price is one of my main concerns

i've watched as the price has gone up over the summer - used to be i could buy MMJ at around $6-$8/gram back in March-April. then over the summer it went to $8-$10/g, now it's $10-$15/g. the dispensary i frequent says they're "gearing up" for next week and they're "kind of scared". and they aren't exactly on main street or anything - it's kind of a side street business district.

the strain i use for "really bad days" was sold out last month, wasn't going to be available again until October, but who knows if i'm going to be able to get it at all when the demand jumps through the roof next week? oh well, i'm on the lookout for replacements and hoping it's not super popular with the recreational users.

since recreational users aren't buying shatter or edibles, maybe i need to make my peace with them and move on past flowers.

Reply to this post

Response to 0rganism (Reply #3)

Sun Sep 27, 2015, 05:11 PM

4. You might go up to Washington-they have been at it longer than us.

Reply to this post

Response to jalan48 (Reply #4)

Sun Sep 27, 2015, 05:22 PM

5. i'd rather not get caught up in "interstate commerce" if you know what i mean

as far as price goes, i doubt it's any better there, and my Oregon MMJ card probably wouldn't be honored there so i'd be paying their special MJ sales tax too.

for finding sold-out strains, that's actually not a bad idea; i'd be buying a lot to avoid going up there for bud purchases more than 4-5 times/year, and i don't know what their purchase limits are. from where i live, it's at least an hour each way to go shopping in Vancouver. might end up doing it though, if i get desperate.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread