HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Ohio (Group) » Kasich, Tressel, possible...

Fri Nov 22, 2019, 08:06 PM

Kasich, Tressel, possible candidates for Ohio State University President

Ohio State University is reportedly considering former Ohio Governor John Kasich to become the university's next president, according to WCMH anchor Colleen Marshall.

Marshall said that two sources told her that Kasich has been in consideration for the position for several months.

A spokesperson for Kasich, Jim Lynch, tells 21 News that at this time, everything is speculative.

Several blogs and social media outlets are reporting that current YSU president and former Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel would be a good candidate for the job.

Steven Koesterman, in an article for Scarlet and Game, said that Tressel is a perfect candidate to take the helm at OSU.

Bob Mansfield, a former staff member of Tressel's at OSU and YSU, tells 21 News that he believes Tressel is a good candidate for the position.

"He would be a great fit. His record and accomplishments are amazing. I talked to him this morning, he never mentioned it. I don't want to speak for him, though if he would be interested or not," said Mansfield, "He's very happy with what he's done at YSU."

More....

https://www.wfmj.com/story/41361890/tressel-kasich-possible-candidates-to-become-ohio-state-university-president

6 replies, 407 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kasich, Tressel, possible candidates for Ohio State University President (Original post)
Ohiogal Nov 22 OP
Bradical79 Nov 22 #1
Unclephil Nov 22 #2
Botany Nov 22 #3
irisblue Nov 22 #4
Hassler Nov 22 #5
NEOBuckeye Nov 22 #6

Response to Ohiogal (Original post)

Fri Nov 22, 2019, 08:18 PM

1. Wouldn't want Kasich

Not interested in a partisan Republican politician being President of our largest public university.

Jim Tressel might be ok, but I'm also skeptical about having a major college football coach as university President considering the numerous college athletics scandals that have involved school administration covering up some heinous shit. Athletics tend to foster a very cult like dynamic between coaches, players, and students.

Tressel at least has experience as a state university president, though I know nothing about how he handled the job.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 22, 2019, 08:26 PM

2. how about the sex enabler?

maybe he would even wear a jacket.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 22, 2019, 08:31 PM

3. Tressel was fired by Ohio State for cheating he will never be President of OSU

and Kasich has no background in Academics.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 22, 2019, 08:43 PM

4. Condalezza Rice was talked about before Dr Drake was hired

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 22, 2019, 09:28 PM

5. Yes, Gym Tressel is perfect for the OSU job, he's a crook just like Gym Jordan

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 22, 2019, 10:21 PM

6. Oh heeeeeeelllll NO to Kasich!!!

Fuck that cocky smug insufferable bastard. His 8 years as Governor are a large part of the reason why Ohio is in the retrograde mess that it's in.

He's also not an academic. I hope the OSU faculty revolt against any such proposed candidate on that basis alone.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread